The Master’s in Economics (MSc) at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) is a one-year programme, offering six specialisations: Behavioural Economics & Game Theory, Development Economics, International Economics & Globalisation , Markets & Regulation, Monetary Policy & Banking, and Public Policy.
Is the Master's in Economics for you?
Studying economics gives you an understanding of the world we live in and its inner workings. If you have a natural interest in what makes the world tick, you have a head start. Economists analyse a situation, weigh up the evidence and draw various conclusions for policy action.
A critical, analytical mind and the ability to think logically are crucial, as is having a way with numbers and an affinity for math.
One programme, six tracks
The first block provides you with a solid foundation for all tracks. After choosing your track, you develop numerous skills such as data analysis, problem-solving, and using academic professional literature to provide expert advice.
Salaries for UvA MSc Economics graduates are the highest of any discipline (SEO Amsterdam Economics, 2018).
Time to find a job after graduation : 3 months
Starting salary : € 3,000
After graduation you are ready for a successful career as a researcher or an expert in organisations such as:
- Commercial banks and national banks
- European Central Bank, European Investment Bank, World Bank, International Monetary Fund
- National governments
- International organisations such as the EU
- Applied research institutes
- (Inter)nationally oriented consultancy firms
Top-5 reasons to study Economics at Amsterdam School of Economics (ASE)
- UvA’s excellent reputation in the field of economics
Employers recognize you as an outstanding professional.
- Six specialisation tracks to choose from
Giving you the chance to make a mark on your CV.
- Track specific courses involve business cases and real-life data
Putting theory into practice with guest lectures from field experts.
- Top level economics research programme
Connecting you to the most advanced techniques, practices and insights.
- UvA's excellent worldwide ranking (top-70)
Putting your Master’s degree on a worldwide map with interested employers.
- MSc Economics
- Regulier onderwijs
- 60 EC, 12 maanden